Sunday, July 24, 2011

Come On In and Take A Look Around

Hey there!  My name is Megan and I'm married to a wonderful man named Nick.  We've been married for a little over 2 years and my how the time has FLOWN!  We have two fur children, Peanut and Jacobe.  Peanut is a five-year-old Golden Retriever and is INCREDIBY energetic.  She is our baby, as we've had her longer than we've even been married.  We raised her from a puppy, which is most likely why she's a total nut bag.  Our other fur child is Jacobe, a two-year-old Siberian Husky.  We rescued him from a bad home when he was a year old and thought it was only temporary.  Boy, were we wrong!  He had major issues when we first got him but we've worked out the kinks and couldn't imagine life without him.
We decided to start this blog as a time capsule/scrap book of all the goings-on in our new home!
There's a lot I could talk about right now but we'll start small.  Here’s a little bit about us…
-I’m Megan, I’m 26 and I’m originally from Southern Indiana.  I moved to Kentucky when I was 18 to go to school, met the love of my life and have been here ever since! I love living in the south and will probably never leave!  I love decorating our house and doing all things DIY and crafty.  I tend to be messy but I’m trying to work on it.  I love color in my world but I also find a sense of peace in all things white.  My love affair with spray paint is in it’s beginning stages but is already very serious!  I will tackle any project put in from of me around the house but sewing ANYTHING scares me to death.  I love cooking and eating, reading books and magazines, swimming, being with my family, hosting friends for a night of food and drinks, being at the beach and all things pretty!  I have champagne taste on a Natty Lite budget, so things can get kind of interesting around here when it comes to home decorating.  Now I will introduce you to my husband Nick and let him tell you a little about himself…
-I’m Nick, I’m 26 and I’m born and raised right here in Kentucky.  I could think of no better place to buy our first home and by the grace of God and some wonderful family we were able to accomplish that early on in life.  I enjoy working on projects around the house, even if it’s only to keep my wife happy, at least until she changes her mind again!  The yard is where it’s at for me and although I don’t particularly love mowing, edging, trimming and weed pulling I like for our yard to look good.  I love my wife’s cooking(do I get husband points for that??), being with our friends in our house, working out, being in the sun, playing golf and hanging out with our pups.  There’s lots to be done around this old house of ours but we’ve got plenty of time and lots of inspiration.  So keep checkin’ in with us, because things can get pretty hilarious around here!
That’s all for today, but as a parting gift I’ll leave y’all with the picture of us on the day we signed our contract for new(to us) home! 
209308_857991990422_41102277_41514961_1355220_o
Thanks for stoppin’ by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a sweet little note to let us know what you think