Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Decorating with Ke$ha..

..well, kind of.  So maybe I was just listening to some Ke$ha whilst doing a little decorating in my guest room, but whatev.  Alright, so a couple of weeks ago I was cruising the interwebs when I found this tutorial on making paper wall flowers! Exciting!  I have been deeply in love with these wallflowers from Young House Love since the moment I saw them, but I didn’t exactly feel like shelling out the moola to have them for myself so when I saw the paper version I knew I had to make them. 
The beauty of making these myself is that I can use whatever paper I want, make as many as I want and, best of all, they cost me a big fat NOTHIN’!  Woohoo!  I won’t go into great detail about how I made them because you can read all about it for yourself in the tutorial but I will say that it is time consuming. I traced and cut and glued with my booty parked in front of the TV, watching some America’s Got Talent.  Although, this year I don’t really think America’s got ANY talent, but that’s beside the point. 
So today I came home and decided it was time to put up my flowers.  So, I gathered my supplies and cranked up the Ke$ha radio on Pandora and got down to business.  Here are my supplies…
IMG_0606
Ke$ha Radio on Pandora, Michelob Ultra and all my pretty flowers!  No, beer is not a requirement but I find that it increases creativity. Ha!
Now, before I put these up I knew I didn’t have quite enough flowers to really fill out my area but I figured it would be a good start.  I used some scrapbook paper I had lying around.  It’s white with a grey pattern on it but from far away it just looks white.  A couple weeks ago I put one of my big flowers up on the wall just to see how it would look.  It sat there alone for a while.
IMG_0605
I laid all my flowers out on the bed to get an idea of a pattern or shape I might want them to be in, but of course that little design didn’t exactly transfer to the wall.  I really just pinned them up the way I thought might look good.
IMG_0611
See? Not very many, but it’s still pretty for right now.
IMG_0612
I ended up not pushing the thumb tacks all the way in and I like the way they stand up off of the wall a little. 
I like the way they look and they perk up our guest room a little bit, since at the moment there is no color scheme or décor direction in there.  This weekend may bring a painting project, but the details are still up in the air so STAY TUNED!  We’re off to make spaghetti for dinner…yuummmm….  Thanks for stoppin’ by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a sweet little note to let us know what you think