Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Delicious-ness

Long time, no blog!  Last week was a little crazy and off.  I had vacation on Thursday and Friday but was completely consumed with the task of readying our house for the onslaught of guests coming to stay for Homecoming weekend.  So I didn’t have a spare minute to collect my thoughts into a post. 
So Sunday night, after the guests were gone I felt the desire to bake.  So off to the store I went, to gather materials.  I wanted to make something Fall-ish and delicious and Pumpkin Crunch seemed perfect.  Now, I had made Pumpkin Crunch last year but I’m pretty sure I got about ONE bite of it before Nick took it to work for all his co-workers to enjoy.  If you’ve never had Pumpkin Crunch I would suggest you find yourself a can of pumpkin and some butter and get crackin’!  I promise you won’t regret it.  The recipe goes a little something like this:
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1 c. butter, melted
Mix together the first 6 ingredients and pour into a 9 x 13 pan.  Evenly distribute the yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture.  Drizzle the butter over the top of the cake mix.  Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 until it’s nice and golden brown.
It might seem veeeerrrryyyy liquid-y when you first put everything into the bowl, but if you whisk it together it starts to firm up a little.  If you really want to kick it up a notch, you can serve it with a little ice cream or homemade whipped cream. Yumm. 
On a plate it doesn’t look like much, but let me tell you, it is ADDICTIVE and I’ve almost eaten the whole pan I love it!  The butter makes the cake mix a little crispy and very very buttery, which I love.  Paula Deen would be proud, considering it takes 2 whole sticks to get a cup of melted butter. 
IMG_1179
 
O man…my mouth is watering…  HAPPY BAKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a sweet little note to let us know what you think