Thursday, January 19, 2012

Morton and the Mirror

 

Every weekend I try to go to AT LEAST one thrift store.  I’m always searching for quirky things for our house, frames for my future gallery wall, or furniture that needs a little TLC.  For the record, I’m not one of those lucky gals that stumbles upon a barely sat in Eames chair for $20 or some other out of this world deal.  I sometimes find a mirror I can repaint or some candlesticks that I can put on my mantel.  However, this weekend was different.  I felt like that lucky gal.  I wandered into a new thrift store I’d never been to before and it was like stumbling upon a treasure trove!  I saw chairs to reupholster!  Mirrors to hang on my walls!  Quirky antiques to adorn my shelves!  It was AWESOME. But then I rounded a corner and saw that one thing I KNEW I had to have.  And here it is…

IMG_2301

Isn’t she beauty-ful?!?!  I can’t even BELIEVE I found her, just hanging all alone on a peg board wall for only a few dollars!  She was waiting for me to take her home.  Can you tell I’m obsessed?  I have plans..

 

IMG_2302

IMG_2303

Then today when I came home for lunch, there was a gigantic package waiting for me, which is always SOOOO exciting.  What could it be?!?!  So I carefully undid the tape and inside was another box and inside that box was the most wonderful thing that has ever arrived on my doorstep via UPS… his name is Morton.

 

IMG_2304

OMG!!!!!!!!  I squealed! And then I immediately hung him up on any random nail or screw I could find, just to see how he will look in all sorts of places around the house.  I can’t believe he’s mine.  From my parents for Christmas.  My mom actually had him shipped to her first because she wanted to meet him before she sent him to me.  HAHA!  Wow, I sound like a total nut job right about now, huh?  Anywho, that’s Morton and my new mirror.  I’m off to FaceTime with my parents and Morton…

Thanks for stoppin’ by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a sweet little note to let us know what you think